Do You Qualify as a Migratory Worker?
You may qualify if:
Within the past 3 years you and your family have traveled or moved from one district, city or state to another to work or look for temporary work in:
- Agricultural field; working with fruits, vegetables, sunflowers, cotton, wheat, grain, sorghum, etc.
- Packing or processing fruits, vegetables, chicken, beef, pork or fish
- A dairy farm
- A fishery or shrimping
- A slaughter house
- A poultry farm
- A ranch or livestock related activities (baling hay or repairing fences)
- A plant nursery, orchard, tree growing or harvesting
- Or other similar work
Critical Components for a Migratory Move:
The following items are critical components that recruiters must adhere to in verifying the qualifying move; with no previous history on NGS or on MSIX or when the recruiter discovers facts that could cause a potential problem with child eligibility, ...
- Verify that the qualifying activity exists in the city/town mentioned by the interviewee; or
- Verify the time-frame the work was accomplished; and
- Obtain written documentation or capture a verbal statement to verify the family did make the qualifying migratory move; or
- Obtain evidence that the child(ren) made the qualifying move.